Welcome to the Alumni Association of the Academy of Art University. With over 25,000 alumni in the United States and across the world, our goal is to keep our graduates connected to each other and the University both socially and professionally. Through the Alumni Association we strive to provide programs and events that bring our alumni together as a community, wherever they may be located.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I receive my alumni ID?
A: Every graduate is issued a free Alumni Association member ID. The alumni ID allows you to attend on-campus events, workshops, access AAU buildings, including the library (though you cannot check out materials, you can use the resources onsite). If you do not have an alumni ID, please email your full name, current address and student ID number to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Alumni Department will have the ID mailed to you. Please allow 2-3 weeks to process.
Q: How do I obtain alumni lab access?
A: Alumni have access to their department labs for one semester within a year of their graduation date, pending department director approval, for a fee of $350. Restricted times may apply. If you would like lab access, please email you full name, student ID number, contact information, and the lab you would like to utilize email@example.com. The Alumni Department will contact your department director for approval.
Q: Where can I get a copy of my transcript or diploma?
A: Transcripts can be ordered through this link: TRANSCRIPTS If you would like to request a replacement diploma please contact the Records Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: How can I get my website posted to the portfolio page of the alumni site?
A: Email your name, department, and website to email@example.com. The Alumni Department will have your website posted on the alumni page. Follow the same process if you need to change a website that has previously been posted.
Q: I’m looking for a job, does the Alumni Department have any resources to help my search?
A: The Academy of Art University offers a wealth of career resources and services to both students and alumni. The free online job is a great resource to utilize while job hunting after graduation. At least 20 new employment opportunities are posted daily by top art and design companies. Log on here: https://academyart.optimalresume.com. If you have any questions or would like more information on the Academy of Art University’s career services contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: How do I stay up-to-date on alumni news and events?
A: The events section of the alumni website displays most of the Industry, on-campus and online event information intended specifically for our alumni. To stay current with our department and other alumni you can connect with us on the internet! We are always tweeting, posting and updating on sites like Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin. These are all useful outlets in connecting and networkingwith AAU as well as with your fellow alumni.
Recent Alumni Interview: Tibor Simon-Mazula
- Chris Milk, MPT- Milk was awarded the "Music Video Production Association" Award for 2008 "Music Video Director of the Year".
- Jason Sperling, 1998, MFA – Advertising, Previously Creative Director at TBWA \ Media Arts Lab and creative intelligence behind Apple’s “Mac vs. PC” ad campaign. "Get a Mac" was named campaign of the decade. Now Executive Creative Director, Sr. VP at RPA.
- Patricia Kallusch, 2005, MFA – Animation & Visual Effects, Senior Development Director at Electronic Arts.
- Diego Galtieri, 2003, BFA – Animation & Visual Effects, 2009 Emmy winner for visual effects on NBC’s hit series Heroes.
- Anna Sheffield, Fine Art – Sculpture, World-renowned jewelry designer who has collaborated with 3.1 Philip Lim, Marc Jacobs, Cole Haan, and Target. Just opened her first standalone store in NYC.
- Michael Osborne, 2007, MFA – Graphic Design, President and Creative Director of award-winning firm Michael Osborne Design, work in permanent collections of SF MOMA, Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum, and the Smithsonian National Postal Museum.
- Tom Luedecke, 2002, BFA – Industrial Design, previously a designer of high performance products in Nike’s Innovation Kitchen. He also worked on the Air Jordan brand but is now a Senior Innovator Manager and a Senior Designer at Under Armour.
- Sydney Freeland, 2008, MFA – Motion Pictures & Television, Selected for the 2010 Sundance Screenwriters Labs, 2009 Sundance/Ford Foundation fellowship recipient, and 2007 Disney Scholarship recipient. Her film "Drunktown's Finest" premiered at the 2014 Sundance festival in the Next category
- Deanne Fitzmaurice, 1983, BFA – Photography, Pulitzer Prize-Winning Photographer
Since 1929, Academy of Art University has guided students to professional creative futures. To learn more about accredited degrees in 28 areas of art and design click on any school:
Advertising School (including Studio Production for Advertising & Design)
Animation & Visual Effects School
Art Education School (including Art Teaching Credential)
Art History School
Fashion School (including Costume Design, Fashion Journalism and Fashion Styling)
Fine Art School
Game Development School (including Game Programming)
Graphic Design School
Industrial Design School
Interior Architecture & Design School
Jewelry & Metal Arts
Landscape Architecture School
Motion Pictures & Television School
Multimedia Communications School
Music Production & Sound Design for Visual Media School
Visual Development School
Web Design & New Media School
Writing for Film, Television & Digital Media School